Saturday, July 11, 2009

get off my pRopertY



Right outside of the Brooklyn Public Library yesterday, a group of kids skating on the steps were chased away by the library security/police officer.

Well, they weren't technically chased away. They more so skated away flailing their middle fingers up after ignoring the security/police officer (not sure what he was...he had hand cuffs but no gun) and told him to get a real job.

Then the library maintenance guy got involved and asked me if I was with the kids. I said no, but he proceeded to yell at me for encouraging the kids behavior by photographing the event. I told him to step off. Were black journalist encouraging clansmen by photographing them burning down negro houses. No. They were called journalists documenting history.

Thanks.

But I guess this is what happens when you mix Brooklyn air, kids out of school for the summer, a couple of skateboards, tired library employees, and a grumpy journalist. The pictures were at least note worthy.

Maybe we should have all been in the library, sipping tea and reading books.

ha. ha..

(Total sidebar** I checked out the book, The Zahir, by Paulo Coelho, author of The Alchemist. If you have not read any of his books, you are sleeping on life.)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know those guys!

    ReplyDelete